Popular Posts

Monday, April 23, 2012

Birthday events in the heat

Saturday...... Wake up my whole body hurts my head feels cloudy and a bit disconnected from my body. Between winning my highland games which made my upper back hurt down to the bone the deadlifts on Thursday made the rest of my body feel the same way. Yup I must be 5 weeks out from a contest feels about right.

Big breakfast 4 cups of coffee 2 scoops of Max Force and lets go


It got up to almost 100* at my house it was rough but hey i got to work on my much needed tan!

Axle press

tried cleaning it but it just jacked my wrist up so i went out of the rack again and mummified my wrists like I have been doing. 

123x5
173x3
203x3 felt heavy..... great
223x9 got a decent rhythm still felt a little off missed the 10th which would have been a 10lb pr over last week which felt EASY i feel beat up and as my upper back tired my rack got lower so thats why i missed the 10th. Happy it went as well as it did

Yoke 60ft

330x1
470x2 this felt shitty
660x about 10ft  knew i didn't have it in me today. I did 600 no belt 2 weeks ago so yoke is better just need to train it smarter

Keg carry

WA strongest Apple has a keg carry and load 4 kegs 180,200,220,250 staggered from 10-25ft away and loaded onto a 50" platform. All i have right now is a 250 keg so I 

went carry it 
25ft mock load
20ft mock load
16ft mock load
12ft mock load

felt pretty easy

waited awhile

carried it 100+ft back to the garage. damn near sprinted with it. I remember last time I was in the 175s a 250 keg i had to waddle with now it feels like play weight



I also swung on monkey bars cause its my damn birthday and I am feeling old.

I am much better now then I was as a kid 




Went out for my birthday and had a lot of fun! Met a lot of new people. When your short it happens every time when people have heard about me or seen pictures they always think I am going to be bigger than I am lol. Nope I am 5'6 on tall days and just over 180lbs. I'm built like an action figure just actual size .

I think I've done more celebrating for this birthday than any other going out to dinner at my favorite restaurant tonight then I am back on the grind. this cycle of training will be amazing I've gotten lean for me now it is time to get shredded brah and stronger than ever.......

No comments:

Post a Comment