Popular Posts

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Catching up on training.

Did a Highland games on Saturday. It went OK despite not training the throws about half my throws where down and about half up from last year. All and all it was fun and being 20 minutes from my house I would have regretted not doing it. There is another highland games in October and it might have a 190lb class which I think i can do very well in. So I will be throwing 2-3 times a month to kill that. Also starting this week my training will be 100& geared towards strongman as I got to step it up to be able to compete at nationals.


Saturday I competed in a Highland games event. I haven't done any throwing in probably 6 months but was within a few feet of all my numbers from last year (except for the hammer which I bombed) despite being 20lbs lighter and down in strength got a new pr on the 56lb weight for height of 9' barely missed 9'6" Had the height


My traps and low back and grip are still sore from that going into todays training session.

8/10/10

Deadlift

135x5
225x5
275x5
315x5
355x8 est 1rm 449

Military Press

(full pause at bottom)

95x5
105x5
120x5
135x8 est 1rm 170

Dead hang pull ups

3x5

dips 3x10

I saved it on deadlifts fresh I have 10-12 easy (did 15 touch and go a couple weeks ago.)

This was my first time trying to deadlift and press in the same day and didn't like it at all, won't be doing that again!

Going to take tomorrow off and rest up for front squats Thursday.




8/12/10 Front Squats

So I got my Methyl Mass yesterday!

Took 2 scoops about 30 minutes preworkout not on an empty stomach Because I train first thing in the morning and like to have a good meal before training.

It mixed together real well in 16 ounces of water. Little residue on the bottom but just kept shaking while sipping, zero clumps!

The Tropical Fusion flavor tastes great, slight chalkiness but I would rather have that then the over sugary taste of a lot of energy drinks.

Didn't upset my stomach at all, (like super dump)

Within about 10 minutes I felt energized, not jittery at all like a lot of pre workout supplements I have taken. Just very focused and alert, hard for me to achieve as I am not a morning person.

Bodyweight 181

Front Squat

135x5
185x5
225x5
255x5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbQ-VWCFClI

This was a horrible set of front squats, kind of scary on the 2nd rep never had that happen before, I think I widened my stance a little to much, My low back has been real sore which I think took my concentration off the lift. I felt strong though as you can see the reps flew up but just didn't feel comfortable. I am just going to do required reps on the front squat as I focus on my deadlift, overhead press and strongman events.

Circuit

1A Overhead Squat

95 3x5

1B Pistols right leg only (as you can see in the vid my left leg is WAY bigger than my right and a lot stronger.)

3x5

Hanging leg raise toes touch bar

3x5

I am not going to go crazy on this day as you can't go all out every workout without running yourself into the ground I've learned. Just going to use this day to adress a few weaknesses.

Still have plenty of energy which should help me get some work done today!

Going to do some type of cardio in the PM

No comments:

Post a Comment