Popular Posts

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Throwing

I got just a little intoxicated Friday night bad news is I was a pussy and skipped strongman training Saturday good news is that means I now have only 3 more times to use that excuse this year.

Sunday I went and picked up my friend who proceeded to load up a assortment of spears and axes, bows in my truck along with the highland games implements.

Picked up my other friend who proceeded to give us awful hand me down tank tops (you will see evidence of one while I am tossing the caber )

Headed to Schafer park which really is an amazing place with fields to throw on, uprights for WOB, Tires, stones, all in the middle of a bunch of redwood trees.

Warmed up with some Standing throws with a 12lb shot and I got to say I am being a lot more explosive and actually spinning through on the throw, should be good for a few more ft next games.

Then got distracted and it turned into some medieval gladiator training of throwing huge spears and axes before going to do WOB

This setup has two poles one really high and another lower. I think the tall one is at either 18 or 20' so did some tosses with the 28" weight for fun and was getting the height for it but couldn't seem to get the weight to arc backwards.

Did throws with the 56# first few where silly but after a few throws I got it going right, Hit 10' a few times easy which is good, gave a 11' a few shots and it is almost there.

Did some light hammer, still hate this event..........

Few reps with some light natural logs, Rows, curls, etc

Loaded a stone a few times

Then some people showed up with a shiny new caber. So picked that thing up.

I can get away with lighter cabers of just picking the thing and using my strength to just flip it with no setup so but to progress to heavier cabers I need to work a little harder then that. So worked on getting a decent pick, controlling the caber. Getting arms high. I need to remember to look up..... I wrangled that thing in on the first toss. Second I was happy with and would be a 12 if I bought the judge a few beers at the previous comp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx2t-J0fM5A

No comments:

Post a Comment