Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Powerlifting Meet

All my warm ups on my squats felt retarded, I had no speed to any lifts. It made me question my opener but I am weird and have lots of squat days where warm ups feel like shit and then I smoke my working sets. Shoulda listened to myself!

I screwed my first squat attempt up real bad, (403lbs) tweaked something in my groin. I didn't set up right, rushed it, to far forward bla bla

Went for my second attempt. It was a grinder but stood up with it. Got two reds for depth. Oh well. missed the 3rd........ By now you cant get a total and I think your not able to lift after bombing out so I thought my day was over. They asked me if I still wanted to bench and dead of course said yes so big thanks for that!


Lowered my bench to a really small 187 just cause I wanted to big real real safe. felt like I could do it for 10 (cause I can?) went to 220. EASY went 242.5 again EASY had more in me haha who knew bench would go the best for me? My best ever gym bench is 245 and 242 with a pause was cake.

Opened at 455 on the deadlift, which didn't feel great. went 501.5 on the second attempt and I made it real hard, haha again on my toes. said fuck it and go for 545.5 same bad setup on my toes might as well had been 800. haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl8EPw1XdOs

I have watched this deadlift video dozens of times and other then having the bar out in front of me I tried to drop my hips to low. I don't deadlift like that, you can see when I regroup I start with my hips a lot higher. It is just what works for me.

Well turns out I felt off for a reason. I had been feeling a little fatigued and have been wanting to do nothing but sleep the couple days leading up to the meet. the night before I had a small red bump on my stomach right under my chest that looked like a spider bite. Well I wake up Monday morning and it spread, had no idea what it was. Turns out I got shingles...... Never gotten them before I guess it happens due to stress and weakened immune system. Stuff has been pretty stressful lately but I have been WAY more stressed out then this in the past.

I now feel like complete crap, just no energy, tired, lack of appetite. I think I have to take at least a week off from lifting which really sucks after taking a week off to be rested for the meet.

taking mega lysine, etc right now. I guess I'll get some meds from the DR tomorrow to recover faster.

I will recover and smash things healthy next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment