Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Coan/Phillipi Deadift Routine Week 1

Doing it again, got me my first 405 deadlift, my first 495 deadlift and my first 545 deadlift (straps) so lets do's its. Doing it with a current max of 500 and projected max of 545.

Current Bodyweight 190.4

Deadlift (75%): 1x2 @ 415 lbs (supposed to be 410 but whats 5lbs) Felt FAST FAST FAST

Speed deadlift (60%): 8x3 @ 325 lbs (90 sec rest b/w sets) did first 4 sets

3 circuits (rest 90sec between exercises, 2-3 minutes between circuits):

Stiff-leg deadlift: 8 reps 315 did 9 on accident first set

Bent over row: 8 reps 225

Chin ups 8 reps screwed up on the first set and did 7 reps


Damn this felt good, 10 less pounds then deadlifts on Saturday and felt WAY easier/faster.


speed deadlfts felt real fast, did the first 4 sets left hand under last 4 right hand under.


I have been trying to edit a video together for over an hour now and every time it crashes my laptop. POS! I'll try to do it on another computer. Really annoying me.


The circuit didn't get hard till the 3rd set. I remember this circuit killing me with way less weight. I was also heavier. Damn being better conditioned and stronger is sweet. I think this is going to work really really well. I will get a 600lb deadlift this year.

2 comments:

  1. What is the Coan/Phillip deadlift routine, Kalle? For my last cycle, going into Hope for the Holidays, I tried the Magnusson/Ortmayer deadlift routine. I nailed my first 550 deadlift with it, but am looking for a change of pace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Never tried that one. Here is some info on the routine.

    http://tsampa.org/training/scripts/coan_phillipi_deadlift/

    http://www.powerpage.net/coanphildead.html

    ReplyDelete